Sunday 24 January 2010

Swan song.


The Air we breathe - Figurines
Do you feel the air we breathe?
Do you feel the things I see and do you feel you're close to me?
Out of the street lights, up on the top of a hill
I was dreaming, my head just needed to chill

Come back to bed - John Mayer
You can be mad in the morning, I'll take back what I said
Just don't leave me alone here, it's cold baby, come back to bed

Romeo + Juliet - Dire Straits
A love-struck Romeo sings the streets a serenade
Laying everybody low with a love song that he made.
Finds a streetlight, steps out of the shade
Says something like, "You and me babe, how about it?"

Momentary Thing - Something Happens
After all, well isn't this just a momentary thing?
It's not like I expected it, or any heavy thing

Come sail away - Styx
I'm sailing away, set an open course for the Virgin Sea
'Cause I've got to be free, free to face the life that's ahead of me

Sway - The Perishers
I’ve always been a dreamer, I've had my head among the clouds
Now that I’m coming down, oh won’t you be my solid ground?

A selection of songs that I've been listening to this week; some are old memories from very long ago (or so it seems), some are new songs that I've discovered recently, but all remind me of winter, for one reason or another. And now, it's back to work. Sunday evenings always come around far too quickly for my liking.