Sunday 7 February 2010

Twenty-three minus sixteen.

Seven entirely random facts you may or may not know about me:

UN: I like to eat Nutella by itself straight out of the jar with a giant spoon, putting myself in the 0.1% of the UK female population who casually glance at calorie levels on food packages and don't give a damn.
DEUX: My lucky number is seven. I'm not as obsessed as I was with it when I was younger, particularly not since when I realised it wasn't as lucky as I thought it was. (And I didn't realise that it's the 7th today until I had posted this and saw the date on the blog entry.)
TROIS: I like to wander around department stores, casually perusing all the clothes and shoes and jewellery and pretend that I'm fabulously rich and could buy twenty Marc Jacobs dresses on a whim if I wanted to.
QUATRE: When I am in need of a good cry, I first put on a depressing piece of music before I begin to cry hysterically. When it's over, I blast out an upbeat, motivational song as I throw all the tissues away, tie my hair back into a high ponytail, smile and say to myself that tomorrow is a new day.
CINQ: I love being at the airport. The excitement, the array of people and emotions you can see around you. Those who are reunited, those who are saying their goodbyes. Nothing can summarise it better than the first and last scene of 'Love Actually'. I love the feeling of travelling to an entirely different place: the journey, the anticipation, never knowing quite what it's going to bring. Simply wonderful.
SIX: One of my biggest fears in life is that when I'm old and reflecting on the past, I'll think that I haven't lived enough during my lifetime and realise that it's far too late to change that.
SEPT: I don't believe in fate. Or destiny. Or soul mates. Or the saying 'what is meant to be will happen'. I think that the future is entirely what you make it to be. Sure, occasionally things happen which are beyond our control. It's how we react to them that makes all the difference.