Saturday 2 January 2010

We'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

New Year, new blog. Very predictable, I hear you say. I cannot begin to tell you just how many notebooks I've used over the years where the entries stop after page one, in which I promise to write in my diary everyday, religiously. So this time, it really doesn't matter how long I go without updating. I just hope to keep this one going for as long as I can, so that in many, many years, I'll look back on these entries with a hint of nostalgia and a fond smile, remembering my perhaps foolish youth once a upon a time.

So. New Year. 2010. (Don't you think the date 2nd January 2010 looks quite futuristic?) I guess it's only appropriate to make 'resolutions' the theme of my first entry. I make plenty every year but I somehow manage to forget them within the first two weeks. Perhaps if I wrote them down they'll be more attainable? Maybe. Let's see.

  1. Pass my first year of university with hopefully good results. Study more.
  2. Earn some monies.
  3. Pass my driving test.
  4. Learn one impressive, fancy dish so that if I host a dinner party in the future, I can pretend that I can in fact cook dishes beyond pasta and scrambled eggs.
  5. Read more. I don't even want to tell you how many books I read in 2009 because it's bordering on embarrassing. Read anything that I like the look of, anything I enjoy, it doesn't have to be a highly intellectual novel or anything.
  6. Buy less junk food at the supermarket in a (hopeless?) bid to eat healthier. Also exercise more.
  7. Spend less time refreshing celebrity gossip sites.
  8. Stop leaving at the last minute and leaving things until the last minute.
  9. Be more vocal when in large groups. Believe that my ideas are worthy of being heard. Don't let the fear of not succeeding stop me from trying.
  10. Carpe Diem. Don't dwell on regrets or worry about the future. Live in the moment and be happy and thankful for what I have. Dance, laugh, live.
Okay, that's all for now. Until next time.